Go Ahead, Ask Me Anything
November 16th, 2010 by Christina

Several of you have complained that I haven’t blogged in a while and you’re right, you’re right. I’m sorry! (How’s this for a lame excuse: I’ve been busy.) But I’m thrilled that any of you actually notice and care. That is hugely gratifying and encouraging, so don’t go anywhere. I actually have a lot of post ideas brewing and very soon I expect to unleash a torrent of fascinating, fully-formed posts.

In the meantime, how about helping me get my writerly juices flowing? Ask me something Living in Splitsville-related and I’ll put together a fun little blogger/reader Q&A.

Go ahead, ask!

Oh, and here’s a cartoon from this week’s New Yorker that seems appropriate. Enjoy.

Jennifer writes:
November 16th, 2010 at 11:15 am

How do you write *honestly* about your relationship without ruining your relationship?

Pam writes:
November 16th, 2010 at 12:30 pm

What was the hardest part about being separated?

Wogie writes:
November 16th, 2010 at 1:34 pm

Are all the Mountbattens fond of yogurt?

Laura writes:
November 16th, 2010 at 10:15 pm

I want to know about unexpected joys of being separated that you’ve discovered (if there are some) that have nothing to do with men.

Christina writes:
November 22nd, 2010 at 12:26 pm

Laura,
There have been many unexpected joys, such as: having my very own bedroom again to decorate with nothing but my own stuff, having a queen-sized bed all to myself, less laundry to do and no apple cores lying around. Being able to miss my kids since I only see them 1/2 of the time now, having time all to myself (this doesn’t happen when you’re married w/kids), spending more time with my friends, not having to listen to opera or overhear TV shows like Entourage or Deadwood.

Christina writes:
November 22nd, 2010 at 12:26 pm

Wogie, I’m not really enough of an authority on British royalty to answer this one.

Christina writes:
November 22nd, 2010 at 12:29 pm

Pam,

The excruciating emotional pain of that first year or so, especially the feelings of loss and guilt and failure.

Christina writes:
November 22nd, 2010 at 12:33 pm

Jennifer,
I’m not sure which relationship you’re referring to, but it’s incredibly hard to strike a balance. I tend to hold back and not say certain things for fear of revealing too much and hurting certain people.